Saturday, July 23, 2011

Friday night fun in Missoula

We discovered the ropes and climbing course in Missoula and Jack went there last Friday for the first time. He had a blast and Kathryn was very jealous of him and begged to participate. The sign said it is for 8 and up and Kathryn is only 6 so I said no. At the end of Jack's 3 hour climb I asked the instructors about Kathryn climbing and they said absolutely bring her back next week. So we went back last night and gave it a go with Kathryn and Jack climbing. The pictures are not in the best order because I don't have the talent my daughters have with blogging, but I will explain them. Sorry these aren't the best quality photos, I forgot my camera and all the pictures were taken with my phone. After the climbing we left Jack to climb a little longer then Kathryn and Chris, Kathryn and I went on an awesome bike ride. Our weather was perfect and it was a great night to be outside enjoying summer, sunshine, no bugs and a great city to raise a family in!

Jack on the hourglass course. He is with a man that is twice his weight so that made it difficult. The man was shaking like crazy and from the ground it looked like Jack was, he was being shaken but not shaking himself. Lets just clarify that point it is important, Jack was not shaking! Let's also clarify that I would have been!
Kathryn on her way back down to the safety of the ground!

It's nice to have a climbing buddy!
Jack on the wobbly bridge.
Getting started with something easy like climbing a 40 foot high wall.

Kathryn is insane. I was on the ground crying in fear for her life as she leapt from swing to swing with no fear. Even the instructors were shocked at Kathryn's lack of fear. This is the highest course she did, it is higher then the rings and the bridge and when I asked Kathryn how she felt when she looked down she said "This is just the right height I love it".
Kathryn on the rings.
Chris and Kathryn enjoying our ride.
We biked along side of the Clark Fork River. This is a view of Missoula across the river. Can you see the Kayakers on the left side of the photo? All in all a lovely evening.

1 comment:

MARCIE said...

This picture open up great when you click on them. Quite the adventurers you have there. I know my heart would not take watching them!